All dogs love playing in mud, snow, and rain, right? This is what comes to them naturally. Another thing that is as natural and unavoidable is the dense coat that grows on Siberian Huskies. It’s this particular thick layering that protects the breed from freezing temperatures, right?
The Best All-Natural Shampoo for Husky
4.5 / 5
So bathing a Siberian Husky can be quite a challenging task. But do you know the best shampoo for husky and how to bathe a husky at home?
If not, then please continue reading. Because below I’ve listed five top shampoo recommendations for Siberian Huskies.
Moosh Natural Dog Shampoo (Editor's Choice)
Scent: Vetiver, Argan oil
Size: 12 fl oz (355 ml)
Great Feature: Moisturizes dry, itchy skin
Wahl Natural Pet Shampoo
Scent: Coconut, Lime Verbena
Size: 24 fl oz (710 ml)
Great Feature: Moisturize dry skin, itch relief
Burts Bees Dog Hypoallergenic Shampoo
Scent: Shea butter
Size: 16 fl oz (473 ml)
Great Feature: Deep moisturizing, shine
Earthbath All Natural Pet Shampoo
Scent: Vanilla, Almond
Size: 1.19 fl oz (35 ml)
Great Feature: Sensitive skin and puppies
Fifi & Fido Oatmeal Dog Shampoo and Conditioner
Size: 16 fl oz (473 ml)
Great Feature: Itchy, irritated, dry skin
So it’s important to go through each of them to know what ingredients they contain. This way you can make a better decision for your husky.
Table of Contents
- Editor's Choice
- Best Shampoo for Husky 2018
- 1. Moosh Natural Dog Shampoo – The Best All-Natural Shampoo for Husky
- 2. Wahl Natural Pet Shampoo – The Best Affordable Dog Shampoo
- 3. Burts Bees Dog Hypoallergenic Shampoo – The Best Hypoallergenic Dog Shampoo
- 4. Earthbath All Natural Pet Shampoo – The Best Oatmeal-Infused Shampoo for Husky
- 5. Fifi & Fido Oatmeal Dog Shampoo and Conditioner – The Best High-Quality Dog Shampoo with Conditioner
- Best Shampoo for Husky Buyer's Guide
- The Final Note
Best Shampoo for Husky 2018
Some Siberian huskies love water while some of them tend to run away at the sight of it. So if your dog is the former, the bathing process will be a piece of cake. But the latter might prove to be the most difficult task in the whole world.
So if you’re going to go all the way, then it’s best to do it right. Check out the five most popular shampoo picks for Siberian Huskies.
When you use shampoo with natural ingredients, it encourages a shiny, silky coat. So keeping this in mind, the Moosh Natural Dog Shampoo might be an ideal choice. It consists of Neem oil and Argan oil. The former moisturizes and soothes dry skin. And the latter keeps the fur healthy at all costs.
Other valuable natural components include Bentonite Clay and Vetiver. Vetiver is an antiseptic, and Bentonite Clay helps in eliminating grime found on the skin. The addition of Rosemary is also another excellent idea as it’s ideal for healthy circulation.
Whenever a dog gets itchy, we have a habit of bathing him or her, right? But in the case of Moosh Natural Dog Shampoo, even bathing the dog with it might not help. It’s because the shampoo doesn’t eliminate itching. So it’s important to keep that in mind.
- The optimal nutmeg quantity present in the shampoo helps in soothing the skin.
- It has hypoallergenic properties, which prevent allergic symptoms.
- Not suitable for itchy skin.
The Wahl Natural Pet Shampoo consists of lime verbena and coconut. These natural ingredients are perfect for treating itchy, dry, or irritated skin. The shampoo also contains oatmeal and aloe vera to serve the same purpose.
The thing about treating unhealthy skin is that once it heals, shedding of the hair reduces. It also improves the dog’s thick coat.
You will be glad to know that this cost-friendly option comes with a high-quality yet gentle formula. The rich lather of the formula is easy to rinse. This means you won’t have to spend a very long time bathing your husky.
The only problem with Wahl Natural Pet Shampoo is the odor control factor. The pleasant smell of the shampoo tends to fade away sooner than you can imagine.
- It has natural plant ingredients and zero harsh chemicals.
- Suitable for sensitive skin.
- The refreshing scent doesn’t last long.
This is considered to be the best shampoo for husky primarily because of its excellent hypoallergenic properties. This makes the Burts Bees Dog Hypoallergenic Shampoo suitable for extremely sensitive skin too.
It contains shea butter as well as honey to keep the skin moisturized in the most natural manner. The shampoo is free of sulfates, parabens, petrolatum, essential oils, colorants, SLS, and fragrances. This just means no harmful elements to give rise to skin allergies.
The Burts Bees Dog Hypoallergenic Shampoo may be a powerful cleanser, but it has a gentle quality. Thanks to the excellent natural ingredients present in the product. It’s just the light smell of the shampoo that you might not appreciate. Something more long-lasting would’ve been better.
- Shea butter moisturizes the skin and honey make the coat shiny.
- It helps in eliminating itching and flakes.
- The fragrance is not strong enough.
The thing about oatmeal is that it does an excellent job at combating skin irritation, promoting healing, and moisturizing dry skin. And the Earthbath All Natural Pet Shampoo has a decent content of oatmeal added to it. (Oatmeal baths for dogs)
It’s not just oatmeal but a combination of aloe vera and oatmeal. What this does is soothe as well as cleanse dry, itchy skin. And as far as odor control is concerned, the Earthbath All Natural Pet Shampoo also contains almond and vanilla oils. These are solely responsible for making sure that your Siberian husky smells good no matter what.
So what seems to be the problem? Well, there is only one. You might have to use too much of the shampoo to create sufficient lather.
- The shampoo provides sufficient hydration to the coat.
- The scent is incredibly powerful and long-lasting.
- It doesn’t lather as much as it should.
There’s nothing better than the Fifi& Fido Oatmeal Dog Shampoo in terms of performance. The shampoo and conditioner are infused together to provide the best solution for dry, irritated, and itchy skin.
This shampoo does the job of cleaning, cleansing, and calming your dog’s entire body. You will be quite impressed to know that it contains no parabens, alcohol content, and other harmful foreign ingredients.
The excellent combination of natural ingredients includes shea butter, oatmeal, and aloe vera. These components do everything from soothing and calming the skin to making the bath time an enjoyable activity.
The only gripe with the shampoo is the flat smell that accompanies it.
- The shampoo bottle comes with a pump, which means no wastage.
- It has natural, non-allergenic properties.
- The fragrance is not strong enough.
Best Shampoo for Husky Buyer's Guide
They may be pretty clean, but Siberians can get extremely dirty too. It’s because, just like other dogs, they love all things muddy, wet, or covered with snow (8 fun facts about Siberian Huskies.)
So it’s not only important but also necessary to give them a bath once in a while. But this is easier said than done, right?
Now that you know what the husky shampoo is, it’s time to find out how to bathe a husky at home.
In this section, I’ve also discussed how to choose the best shampoo for husky. So let’s get into all of that right away!
What You Need to do Before the Bath: Brushing
Brushing your husky before bathing him or her is something you shouldn’t forget to do. Since they have a dense coat, shedding of the hair while bathing is inevitable.
So if you wish to keep that to a minimum, then please don’t skip brushing.
As is the case with all dog shampoos, you must pick one that is not packed with tons of chemicals. It’s because they might cause skin irritation, allergies, or red spots.
How to Choose the Right Siberian Husky Shampoo?
Instead, selecting shampoo with more organic components is a much better idea. Also, it’s safe for a dog to swallow natural shampoo.
Another factor to take into consideration is how easy the shampoo is to wash off. Bathing a Siberian Husky is already a pretty long and challenging process, why make it worse! Such shampoo also contributes to making the fur softer and easy to brush.
How to Bathe a Husky at Home?
The procedure is the same as bathing any other breed. Only the quantity of shampoo is more, right?
- Make sure that the dog is thoroughly wet. But keep the water away from his or her ears. (What not to do?)
- Apply the shampoo on the husky and begin massaging it into the dense coat.
- It’s important to scrub the stomach and under-tail region of the dog as they can get very dirty.
- Rinse the dog thoroughly with clean water until you see no suds.
- You can either use a towel or dryer (on the lowest setting) to dry the husky.
- Then it’s time to brush the dog again until he or she dries up completely.
Helpful Bathing Tips
- Dogs tend to shake off most of the water while bathing, right? And this can make you as well as everything around the dog wet too. So the only way to prevent this is to lift one front paw slightly off the floor. This way they will not be able to balance themselves well enough even to move.
- If your dog doesn’t like water on the face, don’t force it. You can always clean the face with a wet towel.
- Lastly, bathe the dog only when necessary. Dogs have the tendency to keep themselves clean. So don’t give them a bath too often as it might give rise to dry skin problems. (Dog bath myths)
How to Bathe Your Dog?
The Final Note
The Best All-Natural Shampoo for Husky
4.5 / 5
Editor's Choice: Moosh Natural Dog Shampoo
The thick fur of Siberian Huskies makes them look regal, doesn’t it? It keeps the breed warm when the temperature drops. But it’s this dense coat that becomes tough to wash when bathing a husky. But using an all-natural product like the Moosh Natural Dog Shampoo can make the process easier for both you and your dog.
This best shampoo for husky is completely organic. This means no preservatives, chemicals, and sulfates. Such a quality ensures zero allergic symptoms.
The best part about the Moosh Natural Dog Shampoo is that it contains Bentonite Clay, which has remarkable healing abilities. It eliminates toxins, fungus, bacteria, etc. to keep the skin and hair clean and healthy.
On top of that, the addition of Argan and Neem oils moisturize the skin and reduce flaking and dandruff. The aloe vera and shea butter combination of the Moosh Natural Dog Shampoo is also responsible for leaving the hair shiny and silky.
So now you know that natural ingredients have the ability to provide better results than their chemical-infused counterparts.
Related Buyer’s guides and PetsoFun Lists:
- Best Automatic Cat Feeder 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Food For German Shepherd Puppy And Pomeranian 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Smelling Dog Shampoo 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Harness For Husky 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Anti-Bark Devices Of 2018: The Buyer’s Guide
- Best Brush For Australian Shepherds And Goldendoodle (2018) – Buyer’s Guide
Our Top Pick: Moosh Natural Dog Shampoo
the Moosh Natural Dog Shampoo might be an ideal choice. It consists of Neem oil and Argan oil. The former moisturizes and soothes dry skin. And the latter keeps the fur healthy at all costs.
Hey there, I’m Ruby Smith, founder of Pet So Fun, and I’m here to provide you with useful information about your precious pet. All pets deserve the best care, don’t they? But not all pet owners have access to the right products and tips for their pets. And the central core of my work here is to change that.